WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Who we are.
WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd, www.wega.co.za are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
WEGA Thermo Fusion is a South African piping solutions company that specialises in HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) piping products and services tailored to our clients’ specific requirements.
The type of personal information we collect.
We have achieved and continue to maintain an excellent reputation as a company that procures high-quality HDPE pipes and fittings which are used in water, chemical, gas, and slurry pipelines, as well as electrical conduits.
With our own TLB and transportation services, we perform direct contracted and sub-contracted works for major companies requiring HDPE piping services.
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contacts (contact number, fax numbers and email addresses)
- Business related information (VAT number, tax number and company registration number, banking information)
- Business addresses and postal addresses
- Quotation, orders, invoices
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name and organisation.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or user experience optimisation purposes, enabling us to provide you with speedy and professional services form WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd.
- To gather contact information.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice.
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- For audit and record keeping purposes.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
We use the information that you have given us as follows:
We may share this information:
- Credit approval
- Contacting purposes
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes.
When will we process your personal information?
Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
- In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party.
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business.
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business.
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
- How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored:
- Hard copies are stored in a secured filing cabinet in a locked office.
- Soft copies are stored on our server only applicable personnel has access to information.
We keep your information for 5 (five) financial years as per the requirements of the Tax Administration Act. We will then dispose your information by shredding of the documentation where it will the after recycled as per our.
Your data protection rights
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Louwrinda Fourie at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to Louise Lezar at email@example.com . We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd to correct or supplement any of your personal data which WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Louwrinda Fourie will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting WEGA Thermo Fusion (Pty) Ltd from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact Louwrinda Fourie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Name: Louwrinda Fourie
Address: 5288 Van Rensburg Noord, Ext 65, Witbank, Mpumalanga, 1038
Phone Number: 013 692 4327
How to complain
Their contact details are as follows:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or PO Box 12037 Leraatsfontein, 1038.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za